Sherlock Gnomes is an 2018 sequel to Gnomeo & Juliet. It is developed by Rocket Pictures. Andy Riley and Kevin Cecil are writing a script, Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish produced the film, and Elton John executive produced and composed the music for the film.
Garden gnomes begin disappearing mysteriously across England, so Gnomeo, Juliet, and their friends hire Sherlock Gnomes, played by Johnny Depp, "the greatest ornamental detective", who will help to try and solve the mystery of the disappearing gnomes. Unfortunately, Sherlock is not as good a detective as his human counterpart, and soon the threat to the garden gnomes becomes even greater.
- James McAvoy as Gnomeo Montague
- Emily Blunt as Juliet Capulet
- Johnny Depp as Sherlock Gnomes
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Dr. Watson
- Mary J. Blige as Irene
- Matt Lucas as Benny
- Ashley Jensen as Nanette
- Ozzy Osbourne as Fawn
- Stephen Merchant as Paris
- Jamie Demetriou as Moriarty
- Maggie Smith as Lady Blueberry
- Michael Caine as Lord Redbrick
- Dexter Fletcher as Gargoyle Reggie
- Javone Prince as Gargoyle Ronnie
- This is the first Gnomeo & Juliet film to be shot in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio, unlike the first film that was produced in 1.85:1.
- Sherlock Gnomes is (like Rugrats Go Wild, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, Shrek Forever After, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Planes: Fire & Rescue and Despicable Me 3) a film to be shot in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio, unlike the first animated film that was produced in 1.85:1.
- This is the first Gnomeo & Juliet film to be rated PG by the MPAA, unlike the first film which was rated G.
- This is the first Gnomeo & Juliet film not produced by Disney; Paramount and MGM produce the sequel.
- Sherlock Gnomes is (like Rugrats Go Wild and Finding Dory) to be rated PG by the MPAA, unlike the first film which was rated G.